Wednesday, April 13, 2016

2016 STUDENT App Smackdown

In #digcit class this week, we concluded our unit on digital literacy by engaging in an app smackdown.  Although I normally require students to use a platform that they have not used before and I don't have them all on the same platform, for this project, it made the most sense.  Here is the set up of the project:

Students had to choose an app/extension for mobile devices, iOS or Chrome that none of their classmates chose for the app/extension blog review we did the previous week and could not duplicate one for the smackdown. The rubric they had was this


They chose apps/extensions that even I learned from!!  I did challenge them that if their classmates picked them as the winner using this Google Form: https://goo.gl/ia6un6  and it was an app/extension I did not have (not an easy feat since I have 250+ already) and I would use it, they got a $30 gift card to Dunkin Donuts instead of just the $25 that went to the winner.  The winner from this smackdownhttps://goo.gl/9IFVwL was Forest, a time management app.

I hope you are able to pick up a few new apps/extensions to improve work flow or help with a work hack!

6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic project for your students. Wonderfully crafted. Thanks for sharing this fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to learning more on your blog. Jen Cranall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward to learning together!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I look forward to learning together!

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete